Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Totally Random Tuesday

Well, today is gonna be "Totally Random Tuesday" because I have a few different things I want to share...

First off, it is National Pancakes day at IHOP!  Be sure to check out the cause at http://www.ihoppancakeday.com/ They only ask that you consider leaving a little something behind for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals (learn more at CMNHospitals.org.) and other designated local charities.  That is a good deal!  


Next, I wanted to share my friend's giveaway.  It is so simple to enter!! All you have to do is sign up with your email - that is it!  She wants to reach 1000 subscribers on the www.cultnails.com website before March 31st - we can all help her do that! So be sure to check out Maria 's Must Haves! 




And keep checking back for my upcoming giveaway - super excited!  I love handmade and cannot wait to share with you!!


Other than that, we are (still) working on potty training and I would love to know what you did, if anything, to encourage your little one to pee in the potty.  I am hoping to tag team it with these two, since they are the best of friends and like to do whatever the other one is doing - as you can see here haha! Some of my friends have done naked day (tried it), rewards (tried it), videos (tried it) and even some babies just trained themselves.. 
Please share your experiences. 

Thanks so much!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was able to potty train my son by sending him to preschool!

Unknown said...

Hmm we got lucky. At about 20 months old we told Allie we would go buy her a barbie if she used the potty. Hey we were young and desperate! HA! She did use the potty & then got excited telling us how it looked. We packed her up right then and there & took her to Toys R Us and would you believe they had "Barbie" there signing autographs? We couldn't have planned it better, so she got to meet barbie and take pictures with her and then bring a mini one home. & she never used a diaper again! Talk about an impression made on a kid. Using the potty is AWESOME! HA! We had to listen to 20 month old gibberish for about 3 more months describing what was just done in the potty! Kai was not so easy but her big sister used the potty, so she wanted to too and was potty trained by 2. Cori was another story. She did good during the day, but had accidents occasionally & at night until about 4.

Thanks for the shout out by the way! You are awesome!