Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mom's club

I would like to share this post with preggos and new moms that are/may be having trouble with breastfeeding.  I am always joking with my buddy of Torrential Raines, Danielle, that she is my personal "Louise." She was our fabulous lactation consultant for my first child and was still at the hospital for our second baby.  I did not have much trouble breastfeeding my first born.  I did have sore nipples though and this time around I had early engorgement.  I now pump some for relief and a little extra supply for whenever I am away from baby boy.  Initially, I went for the support I was not getting elsewhere (people always told me to use formula, that I was breastfeeding too long - almost two years!) and then I made some pretty awesome friends along the way.  We eventually formed our own mom's group, so I truly recommend finding the local lactation consultant / breastfeeding support group in your area (even if you know what you are doing because then you may help someone else!).  Okay, check out her blog and enjoy her rant - she is pretty awesome and so are her boys.

1 comment:

laughwithusblog said...

I have learned that every time it is completely different. Would you believe I had the most trouble breastfeeding my fourth?