Yesterday, G and I went to the Clerk of Courts and picked up our marriage license. It was exciting and my heart was beating so fast. It takes us one step closer to being married.
If you KNOW me that is something that I hardly ever imagined. My dad had a few catch phrases, some things that he always said to me growing up. One thing that embedded in to my head was "Never get married, never have kids".. haha well "never say never!"
My dad has been married more than once. He has more than one kid (I love my brothers!!). His wife added two sons, two daughter in laws, and six grandkids to our growing family. This does not include James' handsome Gabriel and my lovely Lillian.
Well, if you have been able to follow (sorry I go off on tangents often) I never imagined this day would come... The wedding is soon! I will become Mrs. Straessley. (My first name will rhyme with my last name).
That brings me to my favorite story. When I met Geoffrey we played cards and conversed for several hours that night. I asked his full name in the wee hours of the morning and when he told me, I abruptly stated we could never date. Obviously offended by this comment, he asked why not. I told him what my name would be if we ever got married (yes, we had JUST met hours before and I believe most men would have be turned off by any woman saying their name with a man's last name). He asked what is wrong with that? It is like Julia Gulia, it is lyrical... and that was that. Now my first name will rhyme with my new last name is less than 3 weeks. Whoa.
heehehe.. just wanted to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment