Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday, Monday..

I am so glad that it was the weekend.  I needed the hubby here to help take care of the kids and let me rest.  I am still not feeling great but much better than I have in several days.  We were supposed to have guests come and visit over the weekend.  I hated that I had to cancel but am so relieved that I did since I was in bed all day Saturday.  I did not make it much further yesterday.  I made it to the couch.  Hubby took our daughter with him on errands, Saturday, and then to the park yesterday.  It gave me and our boy the quiet time we needed to get some sleep.  I did not even make dinner or change a diaper yesterday.  If I did, I do not remember doing it!  That would have to be the first day in almost three years!!!

Saturday, I sent my hubby to the store to pick up some cold medicine because until then I had been trying to fight it off with tea with lemon and honey.  I also had made an appointment to go see our family doctor on Friday. I canceled because I had three kids that day and just could not round up the strength to handle three kids at a doctor's office.  And because I was in denial of how sick I really was -- I was trying to woMAN up so that my high school buddy and her kiddos would come visit.  (That did not work -- there was no psyching myself into believing I was not sick!)  Hubby returned from the store with two different kinds of medicine, one had aspirin and the other had acetaminophen, one was made in Canada and the other in Mexico.  I could go into an entire spiel on how I feel about the medicines not being made in the U.S.A. but I won't. I am still not feeling well.  I did try each once and then went back to tea yesterday.. I asked hubby to get chamomile tea and not sure if I am feeling better because of the tea or just getting over whatever I had.

I still sound very hoarse and it hurt to talk so much yesterday, that I just stopped talking.  My poor little guy sounds hoarse, too.  I did take him to the pediatrics office on Friday.  I am disappointed I did not think to ask for a strep test for him but she did check/look at his ears, eyes and throat and said that he just has a cold.  I guess I should feel better about it but honestly, I don't.  It actually bothers me so much I have thoughts about switching doctors.  She has been our pediatrician for two (almost three year old) and our five month old since birth.  Am I just being crazy?  Probably.  I did (have hubby) get the saline for their noses as she advised and  of course, been keeping everyone hydrated.  We are still sneezing, snotty, and coughing but even with that being said, it seems we are doing better.  Anyway,  I hope that you enjoy your week and most of all, that you and your family are all healthy!!


I LOVE our family!

More tea, please?

2 comments:

Scarlet of Moms Wear Your Tees said...

Just discovered your site! What a cute family you have. I hate losing my voice and I used to loose it fairly often when I was working but not anymore. I guess I don't do as much "loudly instructing" employees now!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.