Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My thrift store find

I usually check consignment shops and thrift stores for "new" toys for Lillian and sometimes I score an awesome deal!  I found this art table for only $10.  This is before breakfast - Lillian could not wait to color.


As soon as Bubba arrived, they were coloring and sliding, then coloring again.  It has been a fun morning and will give us plenty to do when we cannot go outside. :o)  I also want to say very special thanks to our friend, Danielle, and Lillian's playtime buddy, Jack, for lending us the slide.




Our little Lily Bean has learned to climb out of her crib at nap time and bedtime, open the door and come out to say "shhhh".  I am not a fan of this idea but willing to try anything because without her nap, Lillian is a grumpy baby bear and momma bear does not get mommy time moments to blog, or clean without interruption, or most importantly enjoy a little nap myself, (okay, I am sure you get the idea). Geoffrey got this idea from a co-worker, and mom of three, she suggested we put the child safety door lock on the inside so that Lillian at least stays in her room.  Well, it has been just a few days and I will admit I usually give in to her calling out "mommy?" but today I was on the phone taking care of family stuff... not ten minutes after she called out for mommy, this is what I find behind the door. Will I say my husband was right?  hmmmmm... I will say that it worked this time because the hubby and I do not always agree on parenting methods but I suppose that is what keeps us balanced as a couple, and as parents. We learn something new every day on our adventures in parenting and not any thing works every time.  We love our little and growing family!




Enjoy your day!

No comments: